Pages

12.01.2014

34 Weeks with Baby # 2

How far along? 34 weeks. Actually 35 tomorrow, I'm so behind!!  Regardless....this baby girl is coming SO soon!  We can't wait, but I'm also getting a little nervous about managing two little ones!
Total weight gain/loss: Somewhere around 30 pounds.  Still trying not to be upset by this considering that I started out a good 15 pounds lighter than I was with Carter, but let's be real...I'm kind of freaking out because my appetite is not slowing down!
Maternity clothes? Definitely!!  Even some of my maternity tops are starting to get short!
Stretch marks? Yes, although I don't think I am adding to them.  But, to be honest, it's not like I can see much of my body past my belly anyways!!
Sleep: I can't complain!  Waking up two to three times on average to pee, but I'm really not having much trouble going back to sleep afterwards.
Best moment this week: Decorating the house for Christmas and wondering if little gal will be here before or after it is taken down!  Brent couldn't help but laugh at me while I was fluffing the tree...I started at the bottom so I could sit down and made my way up.  But by the time I made it to the top on a step stool, my belly kept flattening the middle back in with a big belly indention!  
Miss Anything? Just a normal sized body.  It would make parenting a 2 year old so much easier...not to mention life in general!  I had forgotten how miserable these end few weeks are.
Movement: For sure!  She is so different from Carter because he would just stick out his little bootie or a leg, while it feels like she is constantly trying to push her entire body as far away from me as possible!  Lots of times you can see her whole back pushed up against my belly and it is rather uncomfortable!
Food cravings: Just more sweets than normal.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No.
Gender: A sweet baby girl!
Labor Signs: No, but have definitely seen more Braxton Hicks lately.
Belly Button in or out? Flat right now...is it going to pop?!
Wedding rings on or off? On.  But definitely tighter than usual.  Swelling has been pretty under control so far so I'm hoping to avoid the whole preeclampsia scare this time!
Mood: Pretty good for the most part.  Just don't ask my husband! :)  No, really, I have been crossing so much off the to-do list lately at work and home that I'm feeling pretty good knowing that baby girl could easily show up in the next 3-4 weeks.
Looking forward to:  Finishing up the nursery and showing off some pictures.  And of course, meeting this little gal!

4 comments:

  1. You're getting so close! I can't believe she's going to be here soon. Having a little girl is just so amazing. I'm excited for you guys! Totally different than a boy, but wonderful in completely different ways. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic!!!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are heading into the so exciting time of constant anticipation! Luckily you have Christmas to distract you and then baby girl will be here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I swelled so bad at the end of my pregnancy with Mia! I'm hoping to avoid that with my next pregnancy.
    You look so great! It's almost baby time!! Time will probably fly by between now and New Years! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete