Now to show off our sweet baby girl's nursery. We can't wait until she is here to enjoy it! :) The furniture is all reused from Carter's nursery. Since the pieces are so big and so old, they pretty much had to stay in the same layout to prevent my husband from leaving me, but thankfully it worked well so we are sticking with it.
The hardest part about going with what was already in there was going along with the brown and off white color scheme. At the time we decorated Carter man's nursery, everything was brown brown brown and you were just starting to see grey pop up everywhere. I used brown to go with the deer theme Brent and I had agreed on and the most expensive part of his nursery was the glider which I ordered in, you guessed it, chocolate brown. I thought about slip-covering it, but that was too big of a task for me to do myself and I couldn't find any online to order that would fit it and the ottoman.
So I set out on a search for some bedding that incorporated brown. And there was basically none out there...everything I liked was grey! I got desperate and was searching through Pinterest and came across a pin from when I was first pregnant with Carter when I was considering what the nursery would look like if he were a girl. I still loved that look, but of course, Pottery Barn had discontinued the Coco Dot bedding long ago. I got really lucky and found it on Ebay in really good shape. I actually ended up ordering from two different people since I could get extra crib sheets and two crib skirts so I could make valances out of the extra.
I painted her walls in Valspar's Lake Breeze and I'm loving it in there. It is a pretty girly bright blue without being neon or too overwhelming.
The monogram over her crib was ordered from League of Letters on Etsy and is the 26 inch just for reference. I ordered it on plain wood so I could paint it to match a mirror (shown later), but if I had to do it again, I would probably just pay to have them paint it for me! It took me 2 hours to get all of the swirls on the inside and outside (it is about a quarter-half inch thick) and it wasn't easy with a pregnant belly in the way! The color I painted is Valspar Sweety Pie.
Like I said before, I sewed the valances from an extra bed skirt and the curtains were reused from Carter man's nursery. The lamp shade was a lucky find on Ebay. The chevron area rug was a clearance find at Lowe's back when we were there everyday with our upstairs remodel...it was a whopping $25! The embroidery hoop wall was a DIY project that was really fun!
So the mirror over the changing area is my absolute favorite part of her room. Brent and I just happened to run across it at a yard sale back in the fall and I couldn't walk away without it! I gave it a coat of the same paint from her monogram (it was a tan color before). It was just big enough that I was able to leave the "To Go to Sleep I Count Antlers, Not Sheep" stick on that was in Carter's nursery behind it just in case we have another boy someday. And the finishing touches of little frames and things were found at a local boutique when they had a big open house weekend.
Obviously, the swing and bouncy seat will have new homes out in our living areas when she gets here, but with the Christmas tree and decorations out plus Carter man's toys, there just isn't room out there for them when they aren't needed just yet! Hopefully they will be put to good use soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment