Pages

11.21.2011

The Holidays Are Upon Us

Well, here it is...Thanksgiving week.  We should be super excited because Thanksgiving was when we were going to tell our families and friends that we were expecting a baby.  But instead, we are going into this holiday depressed and disappointed.  Well, I am anyways.  Brent seems to be doing much better than me.  He has been ready to pull down the Christmas decorations for weeks now, but I told him we needed to wait.  Now that it is almost time to actually put them out, I am still not feeling it.  Brent asked me why I was not looking forward to Christmas this year since it is normally my absolute favorite holiday and favorite time of the year.  I told him it is because I thought this was going to be such a happy holiday season because we would finally be able to tell everyone our good news on Thanksgiving and on Christmas we could get the baby it's first Christmas presents and be excited that the next year we would have a baby in our arms to start our own traditions with.  


It is just really hard when everyone else is being all "thankful" for everything right now.  I know I have a million things to be thankful for, but I just want to be thankful for a healthy baby growing in my belly more than anything.  Maybe Thanksgiving will pass quickly and I will stay busy to keep my mind off of everything, but I'm scared I am going to have a breakdown.  I guess that's just part of it though. And maybe by Christmas we will have some good news that we have a new healthy baby and things will be better.  For now, I guess I am going to have to just plaster on a smile and make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment