Ahh I can breathe again, Christmas is over for us! I love Christmas, but we are so so busy that it's really hard to enjoy it. To top it off, little guy has been not feeling so well. I'm going to start by recapping last weekend, then go on to Christmas hopefully tomorrow and Carter's 14 month post soon after.
On Saturday, Brent went in to work, but heavy rain came through and he ended up getting off before lunch! We were so excited because he got to come along for Carter's first haircut and to meet Santa. We headed to town as soon as Carter woke up from his nap. Brent sat in the chair with Carter so I could take pictures.
Carter started doing a little whimper sound that he sometimes does before a cry, so we popped out the pacifier to keep him from it!
You can see just how much little man needed a hair cut in the front. We had her leave some of the length in the back because it is starting to curl a bit and it is just too cute to cut off! I kept asking Brent if he wanted her to cut off more and he told her that he would just buzz it off when we got home if he didn't like it! My hairdresser didn't like that answer too much...neither did I, but that's my husband for you! :)
Afterwards, we went to Arby's for lunch and ran around town a bit looking for a recliner for little man with no luck. So we headed to see Santa. I let Brent take the pictures this time, so they aren't the best! Not that we really had anything to take pictures of.
Little man was totally fine walking up to Santa and was jabbering away at him. But once we got up there to him, he was not especially excited to sit in his lap.
He started whining at this point, so I took as long as I could before we tried sitting him on Santa's lap. It didn't help!
He just wasn't sure about this person in the red suit with a big white beard. It didn't help he was feeling sickly I'm sure. So we just did a quick little second in Santa's lap and went back to just watching from afar.
Then we went back home for a nice long nap before our first Christmas get-together. Brent's parents always take us and his sisters out to eat for Christmas before we open our gifts. It's one of our favorites because we always get tired of the traditional meals by the time Christmas is all said and done.
Clearly we should have packed a bib for little man. He is working on some molars (which probably accounts for why his hasn't been feeling so well) and he is suddenly back to drooling like a tiny baby!
This was the first presents Carter was allowed to open and apparently all of the times that Brent & I have gotten on to him for playing with the presents under the tree had really sunk in. When it was time for him to open and we put a present in his lap, he literally put his hands up in the air like "I'm not touching it, Mom." He finally somewhat got the idea about the time we were done!
This is one of my favorite pictures! Little man was laying back on the couch trying to be just like his daddy!
This keyboard from Brent's sister, Kara, was his favorite gift. He was playing, dancing, and singing away!
Unfortunately, Saturday night was one of the worst nights he has had since his first night home from the hospital. He was up nearly the entire night and when he did sleep, it was for about thirty minutes to an hour here and there on my chest. I think we finally got about two hours after I gave him some Motrin. And when he was awake, he was screaming this high-pitched squeal.
Since he is already taking a second round of antibiotics for his ear infection that won't seem to go away, we couldn't figure out why he would be doing this. Looking back now, I think it had to be his teeth. I mean, look at his shirt in those pictures from Saturday! But, after a night of no sleep and thinking he was still hurting from the ear infection, we took him to the ER on Sunday morning. Brent was supposed to work, but he took off so he could go with us.
We were seen very quickly. Unfortunately, they didn't really look into his ears what i feel like was very thoroughly, but they said his ears/throat were fine. So they ran a test for RSV and Strep, but they came back negative. They did a chest Xray that showed he had a touch of bronchitis. All the while, Carter screamed his little head off any time a nurse/doctor came near. It was miserable, and ended up not worth it as they sent us home to continue the same antibiotic we were already taking.
Thankfully, Sunday afternoon he was playing a bit instead of screaming constantly. And that night he slept all night long! I was shocked. And he has continued to since. I still think his ears are bothering him, but we will find out on Monday when we go for a re-check of them after his antibiotic is finished. He has still been tugging at them and holding them almost as much as he is digging around where his molars are trying to push through. My poor baby!



Poor baby and poor mama! I hope he's feeling better soon. Sick little ones are the worst. I'd much rather be on my death bed than to watch my baby suffer and cry. It's heartbreaking. Hang in there mama, you're doing awesome. It'll pass. One of these days. :) Hugs.
ReplyDelete