Then we headed to Paducah to catch the midnight openings of a few stores. We took a pit stop at Steak n Shake once we saw the line outside of the stores and decided to just wait until they started letting people in. I had a yummy bowl of chili since I never ate dinner due to being so stuffed from a huge lunch. The place was CRAZY, and we had to sit two to a bar stool! But I am so glad we fueled up because it was a long night! Then we went to Elder Beerman, Kohl's, Old Navy, Best Buy and JCPenney's. Kohl's was definitely the worst! We stood in line to check out for about an hour and a half, and it wrapped around the entire store! We really didn't have much to buy, but there wasn't much else open, so we just wasted
We waited at Penney's for the mall to open, and happened to be some of the first ones there so we were sitting right in front of the doors to the mall. When it got closer to time for the mall to open, people were packed in front of those doors like sardines! All I could think of was that we were going to be one of those headlines you hear about where the people get trampled over on Black Friday. And once those doors opened, it was a mad rush like nothing I have ever seen before! I just stood out of the way while people ran past me! We did a little more shopping in the mall, and around 8 AM I was about to fall over! We headed home and I slept like a baby until late in the afternoon. Although I didn't accomplish a ton of Christmas shopping, I had a blast being out all night with my favorite girls in the world.
Brent finally got himself a big buck on Black Friday afternoon. He wasn't very happy with it, but it was a great looking deer! He kept saying that it would have been a great deer next year, and that he didn't realize it was that "small" when he shot it. But I am proud of him and can't wait to have some yummy deer steaks and deer jerky! :)
| Wish I had one of him with the deer, but I think I was too busy sleeping!! |


No comments:
Post a Comment