The Smith house has been busy getting ready for Christmas. Shopping has been done, presents have been wrapped, and food has been made in preparation for all the festivities to come.
My work Christmas party was Wednesday since all the CPAs will be off for the rest of the year after this week. We always have some yummy snacks and exchange gifts with our boss. This year, he and his wife gave us each a soft, fuzzy North Face jacket! They gave us each a pretty color and they really did a great job! And the food, oh the food! It has been delicious. We had lots of new Pinterest-inspired treats and some old favorites. My assignment was the chex mix. Here it was in progress:
It turned out really good if I may say so myself, and the pan I took to work disappeared!
I have also been wrapping all the presents we have so far. One of those was for the little girl we picked off the sharing tree at church. She is a ten year old girl, and she was asking for clothes and socks and underwear. It just saddens my heart for a little girl to not even ask for a toy because she needs clothing and socks and underwear that bad! So, we spent a little extra on her and decided this would be considered mine and Brent's Christmas gifts to one another.
We ended up getting her a fleece zip up hoodie and pants from Crazy 8 and a cute pair of jeans and a thermal "love" tee from Old Navy. We also got her a package of the athletic socks from Old Navy (my favorite kind!) and some fuzzy socks and panties at Walmart. When I was at Walmart, I also came across some little dollar packages of body spray and lip glosses that I decided would be a fun thing to throw in for a ten year old. I'm really hoping it makes a difference for her Christmas and that she likes what we picked out for her.
While I have gotten these things done, I am still stressing about getting the last few things on my Christmas shopping list and getting them under the tree. The Christmas parties start this weekend with Brent's work Christmas party Friday night and two family parties on Saturday. Throw in all the church activities going on, and you have yourself a busy month!




No comments:
Post a Comment