After we put up our Christmas tree, I mentioned to Brent that I would really like to get an ornament to remember our sweet baby we lost this year. Well, one night when I was wrapping gifts, Brent was being all secretive with the laptop and would not let me see what he was doing. Since it is Christmas time, I just assumed he was doing some shopping for a gift for me, so I tried my best to leave him alone.
But after a few minutes, he called me over and wanted me to look at something. He had pulled up a picture of this ornament and asked if this was what I was looking for. Of course, I was thrilled that he remembered and took the time to look one up. We ordered it and it came in the mail on Friday.
It says "Precious Angel - We will hold you in our hearts forever." I think that is the perfect caption that encompasses the way we feel and I am so happy to have something special for this baby since we were never able to buy anything for it.
I still have to figure out what to do with my sweet ultrasound pictures as well. Hopefully I can find some kind of box or frame to put them in so they will have a special place as well.
I've been having a bit of a hard time this weekend dealing with simply not understanding God's plan. It makes no sense to me sometimes, but I'm trying my best to trust Him. It's just not easy. Our priest preached on Sunday about praising God for the challenges we are faced with because they give us opportunities to live out our faith, but I just have a hard time praising God for taking my baby away. Hopefully time will help me understand and heal, but for now, I'm stuck feeling unlike myself.




No comments:
Post a Comment