Pages

12.19.2011

House for Sale?

Brent & I have been wanting to move to my hometown for a while now, but we have had to hold onto our house because we got the first time home buyer credit when we purchased it.  In order to keep the full amount, you have to own the house for three years after the purchase.  Since we got nearly $6000 from that, we did not want to sell any earlier than three years! 


We closed on our house on February 27th of 2009, which will be three years ago this February.  It definitely doesn't feel like three years, but I didn't move in completely until May or June so maybe that is why.  


We have been keeping our eyes open for a good house to buy, but there are very few that are in our price range that have what we need that are coming up for sale.  There is currently one house that we would be interested in buying.  So, we have decided to just have faith that either that house will still be for sale or that something else will come up.


We are planning to put our house on the market at the beginning of the new year, but require that the closing date be February 28th or later if someone does happen to jump on it first thing.  We are hoping that since our house is a small house but in really good shape that we will have no problems.  I know it has worked wonderfully as a starter house for us, but we just need more now!  We would like a garage and more than one bathroom.  I prefer bigger closets as well!  


I foresee some major stress in my near future!!  I will have to keep the house looking good for (hopefully lots of) showings, meet with loan originators and real estate agents, and all of that good stuff during my busiest time of the year at work, the dreaded tax season.  And if it sells, we will be packing up and moving out and into somewhere else!  Not to mention if I get pregnant in the mean time!


Thankfully, we do have a back up plan to stay with my grandmother if we have nowhere else to go.  Hopefully we don't have to worry about that, but we just wanted to be sure she was okay with that if we had to do it.  She has lots of extra room in her home, including another kitchen and living room area that she hasn't used much since my grand-dad passed away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment